1. Join SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators) at www.scbwi.org.
2. Subscribe to Children's Book Insider at www.cbiclubhouse.com.
3. Join a local writers group.
4. If you are over 50, look into OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes) in your area.
I took a "Writing for Children" course there.
5. Attend a children's writers conference (very motivational!)
6. Read books of your genre interest at the library.
Best of Luck! Just remember.........If you think you can, you will!
Would you like to become a published author? My best advice is this: DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! Writing is a journey. Enjoy the process and evolution of finding your niche. If you are passionate, you will be published someday! Below you can find a list of resources that I found most helpful in my journey. Good Luck!